Congratulations to all of the 2011 Excalibur Awards for Excellence winners. See the complete list of winners.
If you were unable to join us last Thursday for the 2011 Excalibur Awards Gala presented by Business Wire Houston, here were some of the highlights:
- LyondellBasell took home the biggest prize of the evening—the Grand Excalibur Award—for their Chemical Plant Building Implosion entry in the Issues Management category.
- Mary Benton from KPRC Channel 2 hosted a crowd of more than 230 guests, a 36.9 percent increase over the previous year, to a program full of laughter, awards and special memories.
- The Public Relations Foundation of Houston raised more than $5,000 to benefit its scholarship program.
- Dr. Barbara Langham, APR received the Legacy Award.
- Bob Hale, President and CEO, Houston Association of REALTORS©, reminded the crowd during his CEO Communicator of the Year acceptance speech about the importance of having a talented communications team.
- PR Professional of the Year went to Brad Leone of Fifth Ring which also took home the Mid-Size Agency of the Year Award
- For the second year in a row, the Young PR Professional of the Year was won by a Hill & Knowlton employee, Erin Dillard.
- FKM won the most awards at the Gala and even took home two special awards for PR Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year. Additionally, Laureen Lucas received an honorable mention in the Young PR Professional of the Year Award.
- The Harris County Flood Control District won the Government Relations Team of the year.
Share your Gala memories and highlights on PRSA Houston’s Facebook page.
Thanks to Shelly Chetty and SPCcreative Photography for the wonderful Gala photographs.
Order prints or download images from SPCcreative before July 15, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Public Relations Foundation of Houston.
The Public Relations Foundation of Houston raised more than $5,000 to benefit its scholarship program.
We are using a special paper this year to print the award certificates, and you will not be able to make copies or scan the originals. Please order your reprints by September 1. (Sorry, the time to reorder is now over.)
PRSA Houston and the Excalibur Committee would like to once again thank all of our wonderful sponsors and those who purchased tables:
Public Relations Professional of the Year Sponsor
|Touch of Elegance|