Don't Miss This Year's Southwest District Conference
Join your fellow chapter members in Little Rock for great speakers and some fun R&R
nxt.pr:: Public Relations in the New Media World
PRSA Southwest District Conference
April 9-11, 2008 * The Peabody Little Rock * Little Rock, Ark.
Join us in Little Rock, Ark., for the 2008 Southwest District Conference, held at The Peabody Little Rock in downtown Little Rock. Hear from some of the industry's best about how public relations practitioners can thrive in the new media world. Registration is now open. Members can find all the details at www.nxtpr.org, so be sure to check it out! Earmark your professional development funds now for engaging breakout sessions, motivational keynote addresses and some great R&R at the William J. Clinton Presidential Center.
This year’s district conference is set to offer public relations professionals at all levels some exciting sessions on how to thrive in today’s fast-moving new media world. Keynote speakers include Duncan Wardle, vice president of global public relations for Disney Parks, and Richard Edelman, president and CEO of Edelman. Both of these outstanding PR pros will discuss how they’ve taken the industry to new heights.
Break-out sessions will provide public relations professionals with the tools they need in today’s new media world (see details at www.nxtpr.org). Session highlights include:
· Social Media Relations
· Communicating to the Coveted Baby Boomer Woman
· A Simple Recipe for Poison: Dangerous Social Media and Networking Advice
· Online Social Networks and Public Relations (or How Frozen Peas Broke the Wall)
· iWriting Techniques
· Life at the Cross-Section of Search Engines and Public Relations
· “What’s Old is New Again: Building Corner Grocery Store Relationships with Social Media Marketing
· Employment Engagement
· Machine Gun Your Audience with Social Media
· The Future of Communications
· Katrina, Crisis Communications and New Media
Although there will be plenty of professional development opportunities, networking and enjoying a taste of “The Rock” is high on the list too. Check out the Web site for more information about these fun events:
· Wednesday evening early-arrivers cocktail reception at The Peabody Little Rock, hosted by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau
· Wednesday evening Dine-Around-the-Town (Arkansas members will host you at some of their favorite dinner spots)
· Thursday evening guided tour and reception at the William J. Clinton Presidential Center (one of the country’s most visited presidential libraries, with spectacular views of the city)
Early registration is just $250 for this three-day event. Log on to www.nxtpr.org to register for the conference, including a pre-conference APR course and PRSSA session. Hotel information on securing your room at the beautiful Peabody Little Rock is also available ($119 per night rate if reserved by March 9), as well as flight information on the easy-to-access Little Rock National Airport!
If you haven’t been receiving the Southwest District Conference e-blasts, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to join the e-mail list.
We look forward to seeing you in Little Rock!