LifeGift Offers Workplace Partnership
Did you know that as a result of transplantation advances, up to 50 lives can be saved by just one organ and tissue donor? However, the need for donated organs and tissues is urgent. Approximately 90,000 people are waiting for organs right now.
As your organization’s PR expert and with a program offered by Houston-based LifeGift Organ Donation Center, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAVE LIVES! LifeGift hopes you will accept a challenge to guide your company to enroll in the The Workplace Partnership for Life.
The national initiative aims to raise awareness about the life-saving importance of organ, tissue, blood and bone marrow donation by promoting donation in the workplace to employees. This campaign is a WIN-WIN opportunity for participants as lives can be saved and positive public relations can be garnered for your organization.
And the effort will be simple for you. LifeGift staff members will do much of the “leg work” involved in activities, which can include:
- Distributing a pro-donation message from the CEO to each employee.
- Inviting a LifeGift staff member, donor family member or transplant recipient to give a presentation to employees.
- Including articles – drafted by LifeGift - in your company newsletter.
- Adding a pro-donation message to employee pay stubs each month.
- Distributing organ donor cards to employees.
For more about organ and tissue donation, go to www.lifegift.org or call 1-800-633-6562.