A new blog geared toward public relations students and those just beginning a career in public relations is now available at http://publicrelationscareer.blogspot.com/. The blog is authored by Kelly Papinchak, chair of PRSA Houston''s PRSSA Liaison Committee and PRSA Houston''s New Professionals Group.
A blog, short for Web log, is a conversational communications tool that allows for a personal journal to be published on the Web, typically with a new entry posted each day.
The blog will feature interviews with students, public relations professionals and members of the media who will share their experiences with readers.
PRSA Houston members and friends are encouraged to post comments related to beginning a public relations career and send blog ideas to Kelly Papinchak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to add the blog as an RSS feed, the following instructions will help.
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and is a format designed for sharing headlines and other Web content. RSS allows you to receive Web site updates in one place from news sources such as the Associated Press, the BBC and even PRSA Houston! Think of it as a distributable "What''s New" for Web sites.
To activate RSS in the Mozilla browser:
1. In Mozilla, access this link http://sage.mozdev.org/install/
2. Click the line that reads “install” but you also will have to “allow” Mozilla to do the install.
3. Close the browser and open it again.
4. Tools Menu – Sage
5. Right mouse the right hand pane where you see the BBC and other news sources and say “add new bookmark”
6. The name is the client site name, like PR Blog or PRSA Houston
7. The location for the PR blog is http://publicrelationscareer.blogspot.com/atom.xml .
PRSA Houston also has an RSS feed - you can add it by choosing one of the streams available at www.prsahouston.org/en/rss/index/.
For questions or further instructions, please contact Kelly at 281-497-6567 Ext 508 or email@example.com.