• Preference is given to students from the Houston-area who attend colleges/universities in any location or to students attending Houston-area institutions (University of Houston, Sam Houston State, Texas A&M).
• Recipient must have a declared major in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
• Recipient must enroll for a minimum of 12 hours for undergraduate students or nine hours for post-graduate students.
• Applicants must have completed a minimum of six (6) hours of core classes in major.
• Preferred minimum grade point average of 3.25 in the major and 3.00 overall.
• Applicant must submit all college transcripts if applicant has attended more than one (1) college/university. Unofficial transcripts are accepted as long as GPA information is on transcript. Formal transcripts may be required if applicant is selected for scholarship.
• Applicant must comply with all requirements including completing application form, completing writing assignment, submitting transcript(s) and submitting a recommendation letter.
• Applicants have the option to submit a resume and/or a sample of his/her work for consideration.
• Finalists are required to be available for an in-person interview. Recipient must be available to attend PR Excalibur Awards event held in June in Houston for recognition by the PRSA Houston Chapter.