PR Day Standard Pricing Rates Extended! Register Before Thanksgiving!
If you have not yet registered for PR Day 2010, you’re in luck! Standard Registration pricing rates have been extended until 10:00 a.m., November 24 for Houston’s premiere PR professional development event. Late registration starts November 25.
Headlining as keynote speakers are Houston entrepreneur, philanthropist and co-founder of PaperCITY Magazine Becca Cason Thrash and global CEO and Chairman of Hill & Knowlton Paul Taaffe. The event will kick-off with an exclusive Q&A session with Thrash conducted by Shelby Hodge, editor-at-large of CultureMap.
Taaffe, who has spent more than 20 years consulting on transnational communications and as an advisor to companies and leaders facing complex and difficult issues, will offer his wisdom to PR Day 2010 luncheon guests.
Other session and panels include:
- BYOB: Build Your Own Brand
Ed Schipul, CEO, Schipul The Web Marketing Co.
- Personal Branding, Power of Blogging
Andy Lark, vice president, Dell
- Is There an App for That?
Kelsey Ruger, Vice President of Operations, ChaiONE
- The Tough Stuff: from BP to Tiger, to Toyota
Terry Hemeyer, professor, Rice University
- Tweeting Your Way to Your Next PR Job
David Casey, marketing communications manager, The Ammerman Experience
- Opinionated? When to Speak Out
Monica Danna, founder of colab
- The Sound of the Future
- Government Media Relations Panel, moderated by Kim Padgett, president, The Padgett Group
- Small Business Roundtable: How to Start Your Own Business, moderated by Philip Morabito, founder and CEO, Pierpont Communications
- Media Panel: Keeping up with Change - Get Onboard or Get Left Behind, moderated by Yolanda Green, community relations director, host of Outlook Houston and Going Green, KIAH Ch. 39
Register online now
Download the Registration Form
Scheduled for November 30, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency Downtown, PR Day 2010 promises to be an exceptional opportunity for professional development for new and veteran Communications/PR professionals looking to enhance their career with information on best practices, cultural trends, and the latest tools of the trade.
Thank you to our generous door prize donors! We’ve got some great goodies this year, including:
· 2 Holiday Home Tour tickets – donated by DoubleDimond Public
· 4 tickets to Ensemble Theatre’s production of Gee’s Bend -
· 4 tickets to Ensemble Theatre’s production of Cinderella –
· 2 Gift certificates for 2 tickets of a production of your choice –
· Overnight stay at The Houstonian – The Houstonian Club & Spa
· 12 Guest Passes to The Houston Health Museum – The Houston
· HP iPAQ III Classic Handheld Personal Organizer – Halliburton
· 1 week in a Lexus – Hopkins & Associates
· Autographed Houston Texans Player photo – Houston Texans
· Afternoon Tea for 2 (exclusive of alcoholic beverages) – St.
· Limited Edition Gail Goodwin Serving Bowl – MD Anderson
· 1 Continuing Education Course – Susanne M. Glasscock School
of Continuing Studies, Rice University
Thank you to our three most recent PR Day 2010 sponsors
PRSA Houston thanks its other generous PR Day 2010 sponsors
PR Day Chair Lady Oliver, 832-866-6608
Communications Chairs - promotions, media
Kristi Krupala: (713) 792-2096; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Miller: email@example.com
Sponsorship Chairs - sponsorships, vendor exhibits, donations
Osjetta Gascey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming Chair - speakers, program
Cynthia Miller: (225) 610-0592; email@example.com
Venue Logistics - exhibits, logistics, speaker travel
Meagan Stangle: (713) 243-8879; meagan@HopkinsPR.com
Let it Glow Holiday Party Early Bird Prices Extended for Late Registrations, At-the-door Admissions
Thanks to our generous sponsors, of our sponsors, PRSA Houston is extending early bird prices for late registrations and at-the-door admissions to the Let It Glow Holiday Party, Nov. 30, at the Hyatt Regency Downtown.
For the low cost of $10 for members and $20 for non-members, you’ll get two drinks, hors d'oeuvres and other amenities, including a full bar and bartender. For the fun-loving, there’s Karaoke. If it’s ambiance you’re after, behold the dynamic downtown scene from the exclusive Window Box Room, known for its views.
Mingle with the PR Day crowd, news media and sponsors FMC Technologies, Apache Corp. and Waste Management Inc.
The festivities get started immediately following PR Day at 5:30 p.m. and last till 7:30 p.m.
Admissions at the door for those not registered may be restricted due to limited room capacity.
E-mail karaoke requests to Eric Herrera, post them on the PRSA Houston Facebook page or text them that evening to 713-292-6435.
Contact: Mike Wysatta, PRSA Houston board member.
Special thanks to our Holiday Party sponsors
‘Tis the Season…to Give to the Foundation
As the recession collides with tuition hikes, college students are stretching their budgets more than ever to pay for school. With the costs of attending a four-year educational institution on the rise, students need additional avenues to finance their education.
We are asking you to make a donation to the Public Relations Foundation of Houston (PRFH), the philanthropic arm of the Houston Chapter of PRSA.
Please consider contributing $25, $50, $100 or more this season as it directly helps deserving students studying communication disciplines right here in our own community. Every amount helps! And for every $25 you contribute, your name will be entered into our drawing to win $25 gift certificates to area restaurants, the theatre and more.
Giving to the PRFH is fast and easy. Visit the PRSA Foundation site, which links to the Greater Houston Community Foundation who manages our fund. On the page’s Program Designation line, select Public Relations Foundation and indicate your contribution level. Donations are tax deductible.
Contributions made by check should be made payable to the Greater Houston Community Foundation with the ‘PRFH fund’ noted in the “for/note” section. Mail to:
Public Relations Foundation of Houston
c/o Greater Houston Community Foundation
4550 Post Oak Place, Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77027
The PRFH awarded its 2010/2011 scholarship to Ally Hugg, a University of Texas graduate student pursuing further studies in Public Relations and Advertising. Meet Ally via the PRSA Foundation site.
Thank you in advance for your support!
About the Public Relations Foundation of Houston
The PRFH was formed to support the growth and development of the public relations profession by awarding scholarships to college students at regional universities. Our $3,000 annual scholarship is the largest of its kind offered by any PRSA chapter in the country, a feat made possible by everyone’s collective support.
The 2011/2012 scholarship application is posted on the PRSA Foundation site. So if you know of a PR student who qualifies, please pass this news along.
Contributions through Greater Houston Community Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) organization, and designated to the PRFH fund are tax deductible. Please consult your tax professional for advice.
Survey Participants Needed, Effort Helps Chapter Earn Funds
Complete the survey, receive a free personalized career assessment report valued at $250!
PRSA Houston and Birkman International, one of the world’s leading behavioral research companies, are collaborating to provide our eBlast readers with a free career assessment and the chapter with much-needed funds.
Birkman needs 44 qualified* individuals to complete an online assessment to update its public relations specialist career assessment. Qualified individuals who complete the survey will receive a free personalized career assessment report valued at $250. PRSA Houston will receive $25 for each completed survey. Test results are completely confidential.
· Are 18 years of age or older, an English speaker who can read and write in the English language and who validly complete the questionnaire;
· Are employed as a public relations specialist as defined by the US Department of Labor: “engage in promoting or creating goodwill for individuals, groups or organizations by writing or selecting favorable publicity material and releasing it through various communications media; and may prepare and arrange displays and make speeches;” and
· Hold one of the following job titles: Account Executive, Public Affairs Specialist, Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist), Public Information Officer, Communications Director, Communications Specialist, Public Information Specialist, Public Relations Coordinator, Corporate Communications Specialist, Marketing Director.