PRSA Houston members and guests will gather at the annual Excalibur Awards, June 17, to honor outstanding professional accomplishments. We will also honor a lifetime of professional achievement with the 2010 Excalibur Legacy Award.
We are now accepting nominations for the Legacy Award, which will be awarded to someone who exemplifies the highest ideals of professional public relations practice.
Candidates for the Legacy Award should meet the following criteria:
· Candidates should be a PRSA member and either a current or a former PRSA Houston chapter member.
· Candidates should have at least 25 years of experience in public relations.
· The award may be given posthumously.
Chapter members are encouraged to nominate a colleague, mentor or role model who meets these criteria. Nominations should demonstrate the candidate's leadership and expertise in the field of public relations through:
· Outstanding service to his/her company, community, organization or educational institution
· Outstanding service to PRSA Houston
· Honors, awards and recognition, accreditation
· Advancing the body of knowledge and public image of the profession through teaching, writing, speaking, mentoring, and/or PRSA volunteer/leadership positions
Former Legacy Award Winners:
2009: Julie B. Fix, APR, Fix & Associates
2008: Phillip Taggart, APR
2007: Dr. Bob Heath, APR
2006: Graham Painter, APR
2005: Guy Brown, APR
2004: Will Osterloh, APR, Fellow PRSA
2003: Gayle McNutt, APR, Fellow PRSA
2002: Sabra Gill, APR, Fellow PRSA
2001: Tom Stewart, APR, Fellow PRSA
2000: Ralph Frede, APR, Fellow PRSA
1999: James W. Hart
Nominations and a brief summary highlighting why you have nominated this candidate (please limit to two pages) should be submitted by Friday, May 7 to: