NEW YORK (April 26, 2004) The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) will show new members who join in May and June just how much they are appreciated - by offering them a free one-year Chapter membership.
Public relations practitioners will have the opportunity to enhance their careers through PRSA's "Chapter Appreciation" membership promotion, the Society's latest initiative to advance the profession and the professional.
"This promotion provides new members with all the benefits of national membership, coupled with the local networking opportunities that are essential to building professional relationships with fellow practitioners in their market," said PRSA Director of Member Services, Jennifer Ian.
Among the many benefits you receive as a PRSA member include:
- Complimentary subscriptions to Public Relations Tactics and The Strategist, plus discounts on books, publications and PRSA executive-level products and gifts;
- Cutting-edge professional development opportunities such as on-site seminars and conferences, teleseminars and e-Learning;
- Access to extensive online resources (career reading room through the Professional Resource Center, Internet job tools at Career Tools™, classified job list at Job Center and links to other public relations career resources). Also, reach the best employers by posting your resume; and,
- An opportunity to join one of the Society's Professional Interest Sections or Affinity Groups, designed to focus on important public relations trends and research in your specific area of practice or personal, job-related or social interests.
From May 1 through June 30, members who join PRSA at the full member rate of $225, plus $65 initiation fee, will receive a free one-year membership to the local Chapter of their choice. Former members who have been inactive for at least one year may also participate, but this offer is not valid for Associate membership.
Special membership applications are available:
- Click here to download the Chapter Appreciation PDF application.
- Through local PRSA Chapters
- From PRSA Member Services (email@example.com) or 212-995-2230.
Applicants may also apply online; be sure to mention the code CHAP2004 to receive the special rate.
Join PRSA in May and June and experience the value that membership provides. For more details on member benefits, see "10 Reasons to be A PRSA Member" at www.prsa.org.
The Public Relations Society of America (www.prsa.org), based in New York City, is the world's largest organization for public relations professionals helping to advance the profession and the professional. Its nearly 20,000 members, organized into 116 Chapters nationwide, 18 Professional Interest Sections along with Affinity Groups, represent business and industry, counseling firms, independent practitioners, military, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations.