Meet Neighborhood News Leaders at July Media Mixer
As the metropolitan area of Houston has grown, so has the need for more community news. Join PRSA Houston Thursday, July 29, for an insider conversation with Houston-area neighborhood news leaders.
Joining us to share their expertise are:
Register by July 28
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Location: United Way Community Resource Center
50 Waugh Drive
Contact: Paula Ruth, APR, 281-870-1717
Calling All Sponsors
Sign-up to be a sponsor of one of the biggest PRSA Houston events of the year! PR Day 2010 is scheduled for Nov. 30 at the Hyatt Regency Downtown.
The theme for this year’s one-day, action-packed conference and expo event is PRSA: Promoting Relationships, Surviving Adversity.
Early speaker commitments include philanthropist and co-founder of Paper City Magazine, Becca Cason Thrash, and Paul Taaffe, chairman and CEO of Hill & Knowlton, Inc.
Sponsorship opportunities include, but are not limited to:
· Presenting Sponsor (exclusive) $5,000 - Helps cover the operating expenses associated with providing a first-class professional development experience for PR professionals.
· Technology Sponsor (exclusive) $4,000 - Underwrites the costs of all projector, laptop and wide-screen costs associated with PR Day 2010.
· Conference Kit Sponsor (exclusive) $2,500 - Covers cost of attendee conference kit.
· Keynote Speaker Sponsor (exclusive) $2,500 - Helps cover costs to bring in a high-level national speaker. Includes speaker travel & honorarium (if applicable), roundtrip airfare, meals and hotel accommodations.
· In-Kind Sponsor - Covers the costs of printing invites, save the date cards, programs, cds, signage, or other logistical costs for the event.
Download the PR Day Sponsorship Guide for more information.
PR Day Contacts:
Committee Chair – event management
Lady Oliver: loliver@PR-Professioanls.com
Communications Chair - promotions, media
Kristi Krupala: (713) 792-2096; email@example.com
Sponsorships - sponsorships, vendor exhibits, donations
Shannon Simonson: (281) 687-5403; firstname.lastname@example.org
Programming Chair - speakers, program
Cynthia Miller: (225) 610-0592; email@example.com
Venue Logistics - exhibits, logistics, speaker travel
Meagan Stangle: (713) 243-8879; meagan@HopkinsPR.com
Aug. 4: After Ike: Communicating UTMB's Recovery
How many PR professionals do you know who have ridden a bicycle through hurricane debris to deliver a message to the media? Following Hurricane Ike, a University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB) staff member did just that.
At PRSA Houston's August 4 luncheon, UTMB director of media relations Raul Reyes will describe the role communications played in the crisis immediately following Ike, through the legislative challenges to the institution's survival and to its recent financial triumphs. Throughout, Reyes' team reminded key audiences of UTMB's vital importance not only to Galveston but also to patients throughout Southeast Texas.
Reyes served as a reporter and editor at numerous organizations before joining UTMB in 2007. Most recently, he was an editor at the New York Times, national editor at the Dallas Morning News and assistant managing editor at the San Antonio Express-News. A graduate of the University of Houston, Reyes began his career at the Houston Chronicle, where he advanced from copy boy to become a city hall and Texas Capitol bureau reporter.
Date: August 4, 2010
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (luncheon)
Location: Briar Club
Contact: Paula Ruth, APR, 281-870-1717, for event information
and additional sponsorship opportunities
Thanks to our August sponsor
Oct. 6: Leading Real Estate with Communication
PRSA Houston welcomes one of Houston’s most PR-savvy chief executives to its Oct. 6 luncheon. Bob Hale, chief executive officer for Houston Association of Realtors (HAR), will address selling real estate and realtors through effective communication.
Despite a recession partially driven by a national real-estate bust, a month doesn’t pass without HAR making headlines with its home sales reports.
Hale not only champions HAR’s benefits to association members, he supports robust communications with consumers to help them understand the importance of including realtors in their real-estate transactions. Routinely recognized by trade media as one of America’s most influential people in real estate, Hale also received the 2010 Communication Leadership Award from IABC Houston.
Hale’s enthusiastic belief in all types of traditional and social media helps drive a million unique visitors a month to HAR.com and makes HAR the largest organization of its type in the nation.
Need Good Marketing Value? Sponsor a Luncheon
Are you a company looking for exposure to more than 2,000 communications professionals? PRSA Houston has monthly luncheon sponsorship opportunities available.
Thank you to CLEAR for sponsoring the July luncheon, featuring David Grossman, leadership communication expert and author of You Can’t Not Communicate: Proven Communication Solutions that Power the Fortune 100.
Thanks, also, to MedTouch for sponsoring out August luncheon, featuring UTMB director of media relations Raul Reyes. Other sponsorships are available. Luncheon sponsors get the following benefits for $500:
- mention in promotional e-mail sent to database of 2000-plus subscribers
- mention and text link in ePRo, the PRSA Houston newsletter sent to 2000-plus subscribers
- text/Logo link on PRSA Houston Web site for one month
- ability to distribute materials to all luncheon attendees
- table in room to talk with luncheon attendees before and after the event
- speaking opportunity at the luncheon (no more than 3 minutes)
- one free lunch registration at the President's table; others available at $30 member rate
- One time use of an electronically provided member list of physical addresses for all 440 PRSA Houston members.
Luncheon sponsorships do not include PR Day, for which we offer several exclusive PR Day sponsorship packages. Read more about this premiere event on the PR Day Page. Multi-event sponsorship agreements are also available.
Contact: Paula Ruth, APR, 281-870-1717
Follow PRSA Houston
Be sure that the email address you provide is capable of receiving emails from PRSA Houston. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your "address book" or "safe senders list." Coordinate with your IT department to allow email from email@example.com.