Part 1: Chapter Program and Luncheon
11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you’ve ever yelled “Stop The Presses!”… made a logo change based on a comment by the client’s boss’s wife... or sent a run of annual reports straight to the shredder, this is the chapter event for you! It’s a unique, two-part program to help you plan and manage your projects—and your clients—more effectively than ever before. Discover the guiding principles of Project Management (PM) and a unique approach for applying them to print, web, video and other creative projects. Learn the basics of estimating, scheduling and planning to deliver every project on-time, on-budget and on-target...while protecting yourself from the whims of capricious clients!
Part 2: Afternoon Workshop—PM 101 for Creative Professionals
1 to 4 p.m.
Following the Chapter luncheon, roll up your sleeves and take a crash course in project management basics.
Here is a partial list of what you’ll take away from this practical skills workshop:
- Eight key PM concepts to increase your teams’ effectiveness
- Ten PM success factors that determine the outcome of every project
- A five-stage framework that will help you better manage clients and their projects
- A Project Charter template to generate critical information and obtain buy-in from key decision makers
- Two cost estimating methods you can use to budget projects more accurately
- Work Breakdown Structure to turn projects into a concise set of deliverables, tasks and activities
- A Roles and Responsibilities Matrix that improves project performance and establishes clear accountability for clients and project contributors
Come prepared to work on a real project and take home a completed Project Charter for your next big assignment!
For cost and registration, visit www.iabchouston.com.