Strengthening the Future of Public Relations
The enduring success of the public relations profession depends on preparing bright and articulate individuals to embrace and explore its many areas of opportunity. It is vital that new practitioners be educated about how to deal with the increasingly complex challenges created by society. Here is who we are what we are about:
- The Public Relations Foundation of Houston (PRFH) was founded in 2001 by the Houston chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA Houston) to serve as the charitable arm of the chapter, by supporting the growth and development of the public relations profession in the southeast Texas region.
- The PRFH supports the public relations profession by awarding scholarships to deserving students studying public relations or related fields who are from or attending a higher education institution in the southeast Texas region.
- The PRFH is governed by a board of trustees elected by the membership of PRSA Houston.
- The PRFH partners with the Greater Houston Community Foundation, a fully tax-exempt public charity, to manage the PRFH’s funds and carry out certain administrative, accounting, and legal responsibilities. Less than three percent of total contributions to the PRFH are used for administrative expenses.
- Donations can be made year-round by visiting prsahouston.org/foundation.
The PRFH is excited to annouce our $3,000 scholarship recipients for 2016:
Freshman/Sophomore scholarship- Abby Hendricks, Texas A&M University
Junior/Senior scholarship- Natasha Wilson, University of Houston
Graduate scholarship- Erika Sanchez, University of Houston-Clear Lake
Because we had such great candidates this year, Angela Theis of Sam Houston State Universityand Stefani Crowe of the University of Houston both were finalists and each received a $1,000-$2,000 scholarship.
Thank you again to the Greater Houston Community Foundation and Public Relations Society of America- Houston Chapter (PRSA Houston) for making our program possible!
Catching up with 2015 PRFH Scholarship Winner, Jordan Glidewell (Texas A&M University- College Station Graduate)
"I am so excited to be with the Texas Beef Council (TBC). Before graduating a semester early in December, I interviewed for many different communications a PR jobs. As soon as I heard about this position with TBC, I knew it was my dream job! I'm able to serve the agriculture industry through communications - two of my biggest passions.