While performing the duties of this job, the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) is regularly required to provide strategic leadership in developing, achieving and maintaining the best possible proactive planning and communication to support district initiatives that support student achievement. The CCO is continually required to coordinate, analyze and evaluate complex ideas and situations and communicate these items in easy-to-understand language. Also required to effectively communicate (interpersonal, intercultural and public speaking) and advise.
Minimum of five years' experience in communications and public relations campaign management, including proficient use of social media required. Public education experience preferred.
1. Provide advice and counsel to the superintendent, leadership team and principals on sensitive district-wide initiatives and school issues. This includes forecasting potential ramifications, implications and unintended consequences to provide proactive strategic support and problem solving to position the district in the most favorable and transparent position within the community and its stakeholders.
2. Provide oversight and direction for the implementation and enhancement of high-quality, full-service communication--internal, external, public relations, marketing, media, social media, web, multilingual--programs that effectively promote the district and its services. Direct strategic internal and external communication plans and activities. Provide leadership and training to district staff related to effective communications, marketing and incident/crisis response. Develop and implement marketing and branding strategies.
3. Provide strategic advice, analysis and communication related to incident/crisis response and district and school issues that reach key audiences to represent the District in a professional and caring manner.
4. Provide strategic leadership and direct all facets of the daily operations and functions of the communication team, including public relations, event planning, advertising, strategic publications, and in the development of high quality and effective web, video, and social/viral media.
5. Provide strategic leadership and oversee the district’s media relations activities and use such opportunities to strengthen the district’s messages to its community.
6. Provide strategic leadership on critical district projects and initiatives to support the superintendent and leadership team to ensure a clear focus on the achievement of all students
7. Attend meetings of the Board of Trustees, district-wide meetings/events, school based meetings/events and community meetings/events to gather and disseminate information about the district.
8. Oversee aspects of employee recognition programs through board meeting recognition scripts and employee recognition programs.
9. Produce informational materials to support district elections.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or other related field required; Master's degree preferred.
Complete an Online Application with FBISD: https://winocweb.fortbend.k12.tx.us/WINOCHR/workspace/