The Laura and John Arnold Foundation (LJAF) is a private foundation whose core objective is to address our nation’s most pressing and persistent challenges using evidence-based, multi-disciplinary approaches. LJAF strives to create functional solutions that target the root causes, not just the symptoms, of these problems. The solutions must be both scalable nationally and sustainable without permanent philanthropy.
Position: Communications Writer
Location: Houston, Texas
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Essential Skills, Experience, & Qualities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Extensive writing and editing experience
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Ability to evaluate complex information and provide communications recommendations
• Ability to appreciate and analyze both the broad framework and specific details of a variety of ideas and projects
• Keen attention to detail
• Minimum of three years of experience as a professional writer, journalist, or in a related communications role
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, political science, public policy, or a related field
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the position of Communications – Writer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.