Reports to: President and CEO
Supervises: Marketing and Media Manager
To apply, please send résumé to Jessica Nance at email@example.com.
The Director of Communications is responsible for shaping the positive public perception of the Southwest School of Art. Major responsibilities include:
Brand Identity and Awareness:
- Maintains the integrity of the SSA brand across all platforms: social media, email, website, direct mail, signage, customer service, media relations, graphic design, advertising, special events, and internal documentation.
- Coordinates the production of marketing collateral and publications such as the School magazine Artist’s Proof, including acting as liaison with related contractors, copy writing, and proofreading.
- Conducts periodic brand analysis and makes updates as needed.
Audience Development and Engagement:
- With department heads and the President, periodically analyzes course offerings, events, and other programs to assess audience response.
- With the Dean and Director of Admission and Recruitment, oversees the annual college recruitment plan and budget.
- Develops partnerships within the San Antonio community, directs outreach towards untapped audiences.
- Creates and maintains annual marketing plans for all departments.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with members of the media and provides them with timely and thorough information.
- Fosters the placement of regular feature stories in local, regional, and national publications.
- Promotes opportunities for increased online presence, publicity, personal interviews, and other public attention.
- Manages annual departmental budget and personnel.
- Develops and implements the communications strategic plan and evaluates effectiveness.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Staff, serves on special committees as needed.
- Oversees issues of customer service and external relations.
- Oversees internal communications.
- Supervises the Marketing and Media Manager by providing strategic direction and oversight for digital and social media, graphic design, image capture and storage, and advertising.