Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 35,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Editorial Services Manager within our corporate Communications and Public Affairs group based in Houston, Texas.
As a member of the Communications and Public Affairs team, the Editorial Services Manager is responsible for the consistency and clarity of corporate messaging and ensures overall editorial and stylistic quality for a wide range of communications disseminated to internal and external audiences.
- Establish and maintain editorial and stylistic standards to ensure that all materials distributed by the Communications and Public Affairs department are of the highest possible quality and reflect the company's goals.
- Manage the development, distribution, and use of key messages and monitor communications projects to ensure that corporate messaging is consistent and current.
- Provide executive communications support including speechwriting, drafting quarterly CEO messages, creating and updating executive bios, and editing external presentations.
- Support diverse stakeholder engagement projects with the development of as-needed communication products, including backgrounders, briefing papers, position statements, FAQs, and other collateral materials. This can include audience and subject matter research, concept development, writing, and review.
- Contribute to creative direction and project management and serve as primary writer and/or editor for C-level and other executive presentations and initiatives, including video and digital media.
- Participate in the creative development and scripting of the annual operational and financial videos.
- Edit and shepherd approval processes for articles and announcements submitted for the company's Intranet. Write/edit/proofread a variety of additional materials including company descriptions and boilerplate, press releases and financial disclosure, feature articles, brochures and internal/external website content, as well as special projects such as letters, ads and tributes.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a communications field or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years corporate communications experience involving business, financial and employee audiences.
- Expertise in developing messages and communication products for diverse and sophisticated audiences, including co-workers, institutional investors, trade and financial press, regulatory and non-government organizations.
- Exceptional writing ability across a variety of styles and formats.
- Outstanding editing and proofreading skills to ensure technical precision and stylistic consistency.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally and diplomatically with all levels of the company, including senior management, in the U.S. and internationally.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and adjust to changing workload and priorities.
- Familiarity with online and other research sources and methods.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook. PowerPoint, Excel).
- Petroleum, petrochemical or financial industry experience highly preferred.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status