Edelman is currently seeking an energetic, self -starting Senior Account Executive to join our Houston team. This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced public relations professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams. The successful candidate will have the ability to learn and deploy a wide variety of communications skills and work with clients ranging from healthcare, consumer, food and more.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for the supervision of account work performed by junior staff. S/he will demonstrate the ability to manage up, as well as manage across with peers and mentor account team members. S/he will learn Edelman’s various Communications Marketing processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises and be able to support integrated teams in the execution of these processes for clients.
• Play a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive public relations programs
• Build strong relationships with clients as the day-to-day client contact
• Generate media outreach strategies, successfully pitch client stories and manage media relationships
• Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
• Coach company spokespersons
• Supervise junior staff
• Write press materials and other documents
• Evaluate and measure campaign results against objectives
• Assist in successfully growing existing accounts and winning new business
• Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
• Take responsibility for budgetary issues, including account profitability
• Help plan and coordinate traditional and social media outreach programs
• Commit to continuous learning; set and pursue stretch goals
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits, Citizenship) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
• At least two years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
• Proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
• Clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to help develop communication programming and plans, implement integrated tactics and impart knowledge to junior account team members
• Able to perform well under pressure and be a team player
• Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Please apply online using the following link: