PRSA Houston is your local career connection to the world's largest and most prestigious association for public relations professionals. Whether you are a student, a mid-career professional or a seasoned veteran, PRSA Houston serves as a gateway to career development opportunities.
In an industry that is ever changing and always challenging, public relations professionals need to be one step ahead in communications strategies and skills. Joining PRSA Houston can help you expand and advance your career.
Find out more at: www.prsa.org.
National Membership Dues:
Full Member: $320 ($65 Initiation Fee and $255 Annual Dues)
Associate Member: No Initiation Fees, Annual Dues as follows:
Less than 1 year experience: $115;
Less than 2 years experience: $155;
Less than 3 years experience: $200;
Graduate Students: $60;
PRSSA Graduates: $60;
After three years, Associate members will be upgraded to Full members. Graduate students may remain Associate members for up to six years provided they are full-time matriculated students.
Local Membership Dues:
Full Member/Associate/Retiree: $55 (No Initiation Fee)
You must become a member of PRSA National in order to become a member of the local Houston Chapter. Dues for PRSA Houston of $55 must be paid with your national dues at the time of your initial application or annual renewal. As a member of PRSA Houston you will receive a 40 percent discount on most PRSA events, as well as discounted entry fees for our annual Excalibur Awards.
For more information on PRSA Houston membership contact Membership Chair, Mike Zientek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for membership in PRSA Houston, go to the PRSA website found here. Once you join the international organization, add Houston Chapter dues for $55.
Ten Reasons to Join PRSA Houston Today!
1. Discounts! Discounted rates for luncheons and professional events, including PR Day, the premiere public relations professional development event in Houston, as well as discounted entry fees for the prestigious Excalibur Award competition, a primary way to compare your talents with those of your peers.
2. National discount programs. PRSA National offers all members of PRSA National a discount on purchases at Office Depot and FedEx.
3. Scope out potential employees (before they even graduate from college!) - The PRSA Houston chapter has a strong university relations program that reaches students who are preparing to enter the profession
4. Post internship opportunities for free. The regular rate to post an internship opportunity is $25, but members can post for free.
5. Searchable Online Membership Directory. Only PRSA Houston members may access and search the online membership directory. Get re-acquainted with an old colleague or make a connection with a new one.
6. Volunteer Leadership Opportunities. Want to get acquainted with the "movers and shakers" in the Houston PR community? Volunteer for a committee or learn more about serving on the Board of Directors.
7. Participate in one-of-a-kind community volunteer programs. PRSA Houston members support the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council and Boy Scouts of the Sam Houston Area Council by hosting several PR and public speaking workshops throughout the year *
8. APR Prep. The PRSA Houston chapter offers APR jumpstart workshops throughout the year to assist with accreditation prep. PRSA members receive a $110 rebate upon taking and passing the Examination.
9. PRC Search. PRC Search allows members to access articles from PRSA publication, plus hundreds of award-winning Silver Anvil PR case studies. You may search by practice area, industry, communications channel, or by keyword.
10.Because it's the right thing to do! What better way to help us develop leaders and enhance strategic and professional skills than by showing your support and joining today? (payment plans available through PRSA National)
* member status not required to participate